UK: Retailer Austin Reed Eyes Indian Market
British clothing retailer Austin Reed Plc is looking for a licensee to take the brand into the Indian market for the first time, and apparel groups S Kumars, Raymond and A V Birla's Madura Garments are likely to be in the running. Chief executive officer Roger W Jennings, who is currently in India, told The Economic Times that now is the right time to enter India because the market has matured and there are more customers for premium brands than there were three years ago.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again