IRELAND: Retailer Bestseller comes out of examinership
Bestseller Retail (Ireland) Limited, the holding company behind the Vero Moda, Jack & Jones, Only and Name It clothing brands, is to emerge from examinership after a high court approved its restructuring plan.
The company, which is a subsidiary of Danish firm Bestseller A/S, has been trading in Ireland since 1991. It appointed PricewaterhouseCoopers as examiner in March in a move that gave it protection from its creditors while its reorganisation was worked out.
The company will now operate 15 stores in Ireland employing 105 people, compared with 270 staff across 36 stores earlier this year.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020