JAPAN: Retailer Don Quijote Midterm Pretax Profit Up 12 Per Cent
Don Quijote Co saw pretax profit in the first half through December rise 12 per cent from a year earlier to 3.66bn yen ($31m), a record midterm figure, the discount store operator said. While revenues from existing stores declined due to falling prices, new stores contributed to earnings.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth