UK: Retailer Matalan embraces 3D product development
The retailer, which operates 225 stores across the UK, sells men's, women's and children's clothing as well as homeware. Adopting the new technology will help Matalan achieve consistency of fit across its styles and brands.
By applying pattern making techniques to a virtual fitting room environment, Modaris helps to streamline and standardize the fit process - helping to boost speed to market in the process.
"Adopting 3D technology will allow Matalan to speed up the development process and save time, ensuring that we meet our customers' high expectations by delivering up-to-the-minute fashion, with a consistently high standard of fit," commented Jason Hargreaves, managing director, Matalan.
Some 190 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
Jean-Maurice Férauge has been named managing director of Lectra Japan, with responsibility for developing the company's presence in the country, particularly in the fashion sector....
Lectra has launched the latest release of its Optiplan cutting-room optimisation tool, with new features to help for apparel manufacturers streamline operations and improve efficiency....
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead