UK: Retailer Matalan embraces 3D product development
The retailer, which operates 225 stores across the UK, sells men's, women's and children's clothing as well as homeware. Adopting the new technology will help Matalan achieve consistency of fit across its styles and brands.
By applying pattern making techniques to a virtual fitting room environment, Modaris helps to streamline and standardize the fit process - helping to boost speed to market in the process.
"Adopting 3D technology will allow Matalan to speed up the development process and save time, ensuring that we meet our customers' high expectations by delivering up-to-the-minute fashion, with a consistently high standard of fit," commented Jason Hargreaves, managing director, Matalan.
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's technology agenda this year? Tools that can introduce innovation into the product lifecycle - such as social connectivity, product personalisat...
Where should apparel firms be focusing their investments now if they want to remain competitive into the future? While technology agendas will vary from business to business, a recurring theme is the ...
One of the key ways in which software can help tackle apparel supply chain issues is by providing visibility into the process and intelligence to track and manage inventory - enabling stakeholders to ...
What are the biggest challenges facing the global apparel supply chain in 2015? Meeting consumer needs in an omnichannel world continues to stand out, as does the need for faster, flexible and more ef...
Fabrics and textiles IT specialist Lectra has launched version four of its Lectra Fashion PLM solution, promising to tackle the "growing complexity" of the fashion industry....
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- Low garment prices weigh on Cambodia worker wages
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras