US: Retailer Target to axe 475 jobs
General merchandise retailer Target Corp has become the latest retailer to cut jobs, with the announcement it is laying off around 475 employees globally.
"As an organisation, Target continually assesses our operating model to ensure we are well-positioned to adapt to changing business needs," the retailer said in a statement sent to just-style today (24 January).
"We believe these decisions, while difficult, are the right actions as we continue to focus on transforming our business. We will continue to invest in key business areas to strengthen our ability to compete and thrive well into the future."
With a large population and high income per head, demand for apparel in the USA is huge -- amounting to nearly US$300 bn during 2012. This has facilitated sustained growth of a number of giant retaile...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015