US: Retailer Target to axe 475 jobs
General merchandise retailer Target Corp has become the latest retailer to cut jobs, with the announcement it is laying off around 475 employees globally.
"As an organisation, Target continually assesses our operating model to ensure we are well-positioned to adapt to changing business needs," the retailer said in a statement sent to just-style today (24 January).
"We believe these decisions, while difficult, are the right actions as we continue to focus on transforming our business. We will continue to invest in key business areas to strengthen our ability to compete and thrive well into the future."
With a large population and high income per head, demand for apparel in the USA is huge -- amounting to nearly US$300 bn during 2012. This has facilitated sustained growth of a number of giant retaile...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
US retailer Target Corp has made three senior executive appointments as it looks to accelerate its digital transformation....
Macys Inc, formerly known as Federated Department Stores, continues to be the leading department store operator, operating under the fascias Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s. Its “My Macy’s” initiative, a lo...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report