US: Retailer Target to axe 475 jobs
General merchandise retailer Target Corp has become the latest retailer to cut jobs, with the announcement it is laying off around 475 employees globally.
"As an organisation, Target continually assesses our operating model to ensure we are well-positioned to adapt to changing business needs," the retailer said in a statement sent to just-style today (24 January).
"We believe these decisions, while difficult, are the right actions as we continue to focus on transforming our business. We will continue to invest in key business areas to strengthen our ability to compete and thrive well into the future."
With a large population and high income per head, demand for apparel in the USA is huge -- amounting to nearly US$300 bn during 2012. This has facilitated sustained growth of a number of giant retaile...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
Macys Inc, formerly known as Federated Department Stores, continues to be the leading department store operator, operating under the fascias Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s. Its “My Macy’s” initiative, a lo...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Philippines garment sector upbeat over EU GSP+
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead