JAPAN: Retailers' September Clothing Sales Slide 3%
Japanese retail sales slipped three per cent last month from a year earlier amid a big fall in apparel sales, official data revealed on Tuesday. Figures from the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry showed that slide was the 18th consecutive monthly fall in retail sales, with clothing sales plunging 7.2 per cent amid unseasonal weather.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores