USA: Retek Continues Asia-Pacific Growth With Japan HQ
Retek Inc has established a new Tokyo-headquartered operation, Retek Japan KK, to promote its leading-edge retail systems solutions in the Japanese market. The company has named Hiroshi Yamashita chairman of the board of Retek Japan K.K. "The Japanese retail market has experienced significant challenges in the last five years," said Ian Johnston, president of Retek Asia Pacific. "As the world's second largest retail market, Japan presents a strong market opportunity for Retek. While building stronger relationships with our existing partners and clients in the region, we felt this was the time to formalise our presence in Japan, allowing us to better interact with existing and future retail customers."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022