USA: Retek Continues Asia-Pacific Growth With Japan HQ
Retek Inc has established a new Tokyo-headquartered operation, Retek Japan KK, to promote its leading-edge retail systems solutions in the Japanese market. The company has named Hiroshi Yamashita chairman of the board of Retek Japan K.K.
"The Japanese retail market has experienced significant challenges in the last five years," said Ian Johnston, president of Retek Asia Pacific. "As the world's second largest retail market, Japan presents a strong market opportunity for Retek. While building stronger relationships with our existing partners and clients in the region, we felt this was the time to formalise our presence in Japan, allowing us to better interact with existing and future retail customers."
Hiroshi Yamashita joins Retek with over 30 years experience in the Japanese technology industry. Yamashita is an experienced sales, marketing and information technology leader with strong capabilities in strategic and financial planning, most recently serving as president of Honeywell Information Systems Japan.
Retek is already engaged in substantial sales and marketing activities in Japan, and leading Japanese store group Fast Retailing uses its solutions.
Companies: Fast Retailing Co Ltd
Japanese retailer Fast Retailing is to buy French apparel firm Petit Vehicule, owner of the Princesse tam.tam brand and the second-largest lingerie chain in France....
Fast Retailing Co Ltd - which operates the Uniqlo casual clothing chain - has reported a 12.9 per cent sales rise to JPY383.97 billion for the year ended in August, falling short of its target revenue...
Casual clothing giant Fast Retailing Co has announced plans to spend between JPY300 billion and JPY400bn on mergers and acquisitions in the next three years....
Japanese company Fast Retailing Co says it will open its first three stores in South Korea on 2 September through joint venture FRL Korea Co....
Fast Retailing Co, operator of the Uniqlo casual clothing chain, has reported a 4.3 per cent drop in net profit for the nine-month period ended May 2005 due to slow sales and higher expenses....
Retail group Fast Retailing Co is likely to re-appoint Tadashi Yanai as president of the company from September 2005 at the earliest, Japanese News Digest reported....
Store chain giant Fast Retailing Co has announced a 13.7 per cent year-on-year same-store sales rise, on good sales of Body Tech inner sportswear and button-down shirts....
Casual clothing chain Uniqlo has revealed plans to expand into the US with three New Jersey stores this autumn....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020