USA: Conference Attendees Agree: RF Source Tagging Gets Results
Shrinkage Reductions and Sales Increases Both Significant Approximately 200 major retailers, consumer product manufacturers, and labeling and packaging suppliers met in Chicago May 8-10 to share their successes with source tagging -- embedding radio-frequency (RF) electronic article surveillance (EAS) security tags at the point of manufacture or packaging. Source tagging has proven to be an effective loss prevention and merchandising tool. At a gathering of RF-EAS users, attendees got a glimpse of other benefits the technology can deliver. The RF Users Group Spring Conference attracted such leading names as Babies R Us, Brown-Forman, Canadian Tire, Circuit City, Codigo, Copeland's, CVS, Eckerd, Energizer, El Palacio de Hierro, Kohl's, Maybelline, Nike, Nintendo, Revlon, Target Corp., and Toys R Us. David Bernauer, president and COO of The Walgreen Company, delivered the keynote address. "Walgreens has enjoyed 25 years of record sales and earnings, and controlling shoplifting has been part of it. Nothing is better than source tagging, and my hat is off to the vendors who are doing it," Bernauer said. "We studied a lot of EAS technologies and were convinced that RF was the way to go."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020