USA: Conference Attendees Agree: RF Source Tagging Gets Results
Shrinkage Reductions and Sales Increases Both Significant Approximately 200 major retailers, consumer product manufacturers, and labeling and packaging suppliers met in Chicago May 8-10 to share their successes with source tagging -- embedding radio-frequency (RF) electronic article surveillance (EAS) security tags at the point of manufacture or packaging. Source tagging has proven to be an effective loss prevention and merchandising tool. At a gathering of RF-EAS users, attendees got a glimpse of other benefits the technology can deliver. The RF Users Group Spring Conference attracted such leading names as Babies R Us, Brown-Forman, Canadian Tire, Circuit City, Codigo, Copeland's, CVS, Eckerd, Energizer, El Palacio de Hierro, Kohl's, Maybelline, Nike, Nintendo, Revlon, Target Corp., and Toys R Us. David Bernauer, president and COO of The Walgreen Company, delivered the keynote address. "Walgreens has enjoyed 25 years of record sales and earnings, and controlling shoplifting has been part of it. Nothing is better than source tagging, and my hat is off to the vendors who are doing it," Bernauer said. "We studied a lot of EAS technologies and were convinced that RF was the way to go."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022