USA: Conference Attendees Agree: RF Source Tagging Gets Results
Shrinkage Reductions and Sales Increases Both Significant Approximately 200 major retailers, consumer product manufacturers, and labeling and packaging suppliers met in Chicago May 8-10 to share their successes with source tagging -- embedding radio-frequency (RF) electronic article surveillance (EAS) security tags at the point of manufacture or packaging. Source tagging has proven to be an effective loss prevention and merchandising tool. At a gathering of RF-EAS users, attendees got a glimpse of other benefits the technology can deliver. The RF Users Group Spring Conference attracted such leading names as Babies R Us, Brown-Forman, Canadian Tire, Circuit City, Codigo, Copeland's, CVS, Eckerd, Energizer, El Palacio de Hierro, Kohl's, Maybelline, Nike, Nintendo, Revlon, Target Corp., and Toys R Us. David Bernauer, president and COO of The Walgreen Company, delivered the keynote address. "Walgreens has enjoyed 25 years of record sales and earnings, and controlling shoplifting has been part of it. Nothing is better than source tagging, and my hat is off to the vendors who are doing it," Bernauer said. "We studied a lot of EAS technologies and were convinced that RF was the way to go."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack