SWEDEN: RFID tool helps brand owners manage inventory
An RFID solution that allows brand owners to check sales trends across a range of different stores, without having to make site visits, has been released by the Nilörn Group.
Developed in collaboration with Craft of Scandinavia, the 'self inventory' shop rack can make re-stocking more efficient, and increase sales and profitability.
"The brand owner asks the shop rack to take an inventory of the products currently on the rack," explains Per Wagnås of the Nilörn Group.
"The shop rack then sends an e-mail with the current status to the brand owner. The brand owner can then distribute new products to the store, so that it will always have the full range."
The solution is recommended for items such as underwear, shirts and piqué sweaters, which constantly need replenishment in the store, and which have their own location on a shop shelf or rail.
Since the goods are always on display in the store, no shopping opportunities are lost.
The results are higher sales turnover and increased profitability.
Retailers such as M&S, Tesco, Wal-Mart and Metro are among the pioneers of RFID across their supply chains. But as well as enhancing inventory visibility and reducing shrinkage and out-of-stocks for f...
Japanese IT and communications firms Fujitsu Limited and Fujitsu Frontech Limited are launching their Ultra-High Frequency (UHF) RFID garment management tags to companies in North America, Europe, and...
T-shirt and casual clothing brand American Apparel has become one of the first retailers to roll out item-level radio frequency identification (RFID), with a new solution set to improve inventory accu...
Sato America is to add RFID tags and readers from Alien Technology to its product line after the two companies formed a reseller and systems integration agreement....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020