US: RG Barry appoints Richard as e-commerce chief
US footwear and accessories manufacturer RG Barry Brands has appointed digital marketing veteran Heather Richard as its director of e-commerce.
Richard, who most recently served as director of interactive marketing for gourmet food and gift baskets with 1-800-Flowers, will be responsible for strategy and management of RG Barry's online initiatives. This will include multi-brand direct web store operations, online marketing and overall e-commerce channel growth.
"We are very excited that Heather will be guiding what we view as one of the fastest-growing and most important areas of our future business," said Greg Tunney, president and CEO. "We recognise that we must drive digital growth not only on our own websites, but also on the many other platforms selling our brands."
Last week, RG Barry announced the promotion of Jeff Cosgrove to the role of head of its Foot Petals business unit.
Private equity firm Mill Road Capital is to acquire all of the outstanding shares of slipper and accessories marker RG Barry Corporation that it doesn't already own, in a deal worth around $215m....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic Footwear (Aerobic, Baseball, Basketball, Cricket, Cross-...
- Wearable technology a key trend for 2015
- Retailers react to India forced labour allegations
- Moisture management fabrics enter a new era
- Mexico urges fast-fashion brands to source locally
- COMMENT: Innovation is the name of the game
- Hazardous chemicals found in children's products
- VF rolls out plan to eliminate harmful chemicals
- October "a scary month" for US apparel retailers
- UK Primark supplier goes into administration
- Raising the minimum wage may reduce employment