US: RG Barry enters into purchase agreement with Mill Road
RG Barry Corporation has entered into a non-disclosure standstill agreement with Mill Road Capital Management for the purchase of the US footwear firm.
The agreement, announced yesterday (16 December), follows a decision by RG Barry's board to proceed with the due diligence request of Mill Road for its non-binding bid to acquire the company.
The firm, however, said it has "not made any decision" with respect to the proposal, adding: "There can be no assurance that any definitive offer will be made, that any definitive agreement will be executed or that the proposed transaction or any other transaction will be approved or consummated."
R.G. Barry Corporation Enters into Non-Disclosure and Standstill Agreement with Mill Road Capital Management LLC
Mill Road to Conduct Due Diligence
PICKERINGTON, Ohio, Dec. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- R.G. Barry Corporation (DFZ), today reported that it has entered into a Non-Disclosure and Standstill Agreement with Mill Road Capital Management LLC (Mill Road). This follows the decision of the R.G. Barry Board of Directors to proceed with the due diligence request of Mill Road for its previously announced unsolicited and non-binding proposal to acquire the Company.
The Board of Directors cautions the Company's shareholders that the Board has not made any decision with respect to the Mill Road proposal and there can be no assurance that any definitive offer will be made, that any definitive agreement will be executed or that the proposed transaction or any other transaction will be approved or consummated.
The Company does not undertake any obligation to provide any updates with respect to the matters that are the subject of this press release, except as required under applicable law.
R.G. Barry is being advised by Peter J. Solomon Company, L.P. and Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP.
Original source: RG Barry Corporation
RG Barry Brands has booked an increase in second-quarter earnings but reaffirmed its outlook for lower full-year sales on the back of economic headwinds....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic Footwear (Aerobic, Baseball, Basketball, Cricket, Cross-...
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- Gap to grow China sales to $1bn in three years
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects