USA: R.G. Barry Licenses Liz Claiborne Name
R.G. Barry Corporation, the world's largest manufacturer and marketer of comfort footwear, today announced that it has acquired exclusive rights from Liz Claiborne to manufacture and market slippers under the Liz Claiborne and Claiborne labels.R.G. Barry's new Liz Claiborne brand of footwear for women will be sold through hosiery departments, and Claiborne for Men slippers will be sold through men's accessories departments in upper tier department stores and specialty retailers nationally. The first collections of Liz Claiborne for Women slippers will be available to the trade March 1, 2001, for fall delivery. Claiborne for Men slippers will be available in 2002."We are very excited about the possibilities this license offers," said R.G. Barry Chairman of the Board and CEO Gordon Zacks. "This is the first true lifestyle brand in the slipper category. It is a tremendous addition to our stable of brand names that includes Dearfoams and EZfeet domestically and Barry Comfort in Europe. We expect great things from this collaboration. Terms of the licensing agreement were not disclosed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective