USA: R.G. Barry Licenses Liz Claiborne Name
R.G. Barry Corporation, the world's largest manufacturer and marketer of comfort footwear, today announced that it has acquired exclusive rights from Liz Claiborne to manufacture and market slippers under the Liz Claiborne and Claiborne labels.R.G. Barry's new Liz Claiborne brand of footwear for women will be sold through hosiery departments, and Claiborne for Men slippers will be sold through men's accessories departments in upper tier department stores and specialty retailers nationally. The first collections of Liz Claiborne for Women slippers will be available to the trade March 1, 2001, for fall delivery. Claiborne for Men slippers will be available in 2002."We are very excited about the possibilities this license offers," said R.G. Barry Chairman of the Board and CEO Gordon Zacks. "This is the first true lifestyle brand in the slipper category. It is a tremendous addition to our stable of brand names that includes Dearfoams and EZfeet domestically and Barry Comfort in Europe. We expect great things from this collaboration. Terms of the licensing agreement were not disclosed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020