USA: R.G. Barry Licenses Liz Claiborne Name
R.G. Barry Corporation, the world's largest manufacturer and marketer of comfort footwear, today announced that it has acquired exclusive rights from Liz Claiborne to manufacture and market slippers under the Liz Claiborne and Claiborne labels.R.G. Barry's new Liz Claiborne brand of footwear for women will be sold through hosiery departments, and Claiborne for Men slippers will be sold through men's accessories departments in upper tier department stores and specialty retailers nationally. The first collections of Liz Claiborne for Women slippers will be available to the trade March 1, 2001, for fall delivery. Claiborne for Men slippers will be available in 2002."We are very excited about the possibilities this license offers," said R.G. Barry Chairman of the Board and CEO Gordon Zacks. "This is the first true lifestyle brand in the slipper category. It is a tremendous addition to our stable of brand names that includes Dearfoams and EZfeet domestically and Barry Comfort in Europe. We expect great things from this collaboration. Terms of the licensing agreement were not disclosed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar