US: RG Barry Q1 profit slides as sales decline
- Q1 profit fell 11% to $6.1m
- Sales down 6% to $47.2m
- CEO said results were "in line with expectations"
Footwear and accessories maker RG Barry has today (6 November) seen its first-quarter net profit slide 11% on the back of falling sales.
Net earnings dipped to US$6.1m during the thirteen weeks ended 29 September, compared to $6.9m the same period last year. Operating profit declined 12.7% to $9.9m.
Net sales slipped 6% to $47.2m, with higher footwear sales in newer retail channels, including catalogues, online and home shopping, unable to offset softer sales in more traditional channels.
"These results are in line with our expectations for the quarter and with the direction we provided in our two previous earnings calls," said CEO and president Greg Tunney.
"Footwear remains our largest business, and it is performing quite well despite the impact of customer internal issues that frequently disrupt retailers. As we enter the critical holiday selling season, we are enthusiastic about our prospects."
Footwear and accessories maker RG Barry has today (5 February) reported that its first-half profit fell 13.6% on the back of declining footwear sales - but said its performance was in line with its ex...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- US apparel retailers' August 2014 sales roundup
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details