US: Rhodia and Premiere Fibers to produce Emana yarn
Fibre specialist Rhodia and Premiere Fibers have joined forces to produce a line of polyamide-based smart yarn that they claim reduces the appearance of cellulite.
The Emana fabric, which will launch in the US and Canada, is designed to make skin look "smoother and more youthful" when regularly worn for six hours or more. This works through the use of bio-active crystals embedded in the yarn.
"Our partnership with Rhodia is fully aligned with our culture at Premiere Fibers, as we endeavour to seek and develop solutions through collaborative relationships in the marketplace," said John Amirtharaj, president of Premiere Fibers, a global multi-polymer specialized man-made fiber producer.
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Vietnam factories face fire safety challenge
- Wage theft of migrants in Thai apparel industry
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Investigation uncovers China's dog leather trade
- Nike shares slide on future orders in Q2
- Philippines added to European Union GSP+ scheme