US: Rhodia and Premiere Fibers to produce Emana yarn
Fibre specialist Rhodia and Premiere Fibers have joined forces to produce a line of polyamide-based smart yarn that they claim reduces the appearance of cellulite.
The Emana fabric, which will launch in the US and Canada, is designed to make skin look "smoother and more youthful" when regularly worn for six hours or more. This works through the use of bio-active crystals embedded in the yarn.
"Our partnership with Rhodia is fully aligned with our culture at Premiere Fibers, as we endeavour to seek and develop solutions through collaborative relationships in the marketplace," said John Amirtharaj, president of Premiere Fibers, a global multi-polymer specialized man-made fiber producer.
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled
- US apparel prices continue to fall