US: Rhodia and Premiere Fibers to produce Emana yarn
Fibre specialist Rhodia and Premiere Fibers have joined forces to produce a line of polyamide-based smart yarn that they claim reduces the appearance of cellulite.
The Emana fabric, which will launch in the US and Canada, is designed to make skin look "smoother and more youthful" when regularly worn for six hours or more. This works through the use of bio-active crystals embedded in the yarn.
"Our partnership with Rhodia is fully aligned with our culture at Premiere Fibers, as we endeavour to seek and develop solutions through collaborative relationships in the marketplace," said John Amirtharaj, president of Premiere Fibers, a global multi-polymer specialized man-made fiber producer.
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- M&S project benefits garment worker health
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- C&A to add "accurate fit" label to garments
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years