US: Rhodia and Premiere Fibers to produce Emana yarn
Fibre specialist Rhodia and Premiere Fibers have joined forces to produce a line of polyamide-based smart yarn that they claim reduces the appearance of cellulite.
The Emana fabric, which will launch in the US and Canada, is designed to make skin look "smoother and more youthful" when regularly worn for six hours or more. This works through the use of bio-active crystals embedded in the yarn.
"Our partnership with Rhodia is fully aligned with our culture at Premiere Fibers, as we endeavour to seek and develop solutions through collaborative relationships in the marketplace," said John Amirtharaj, president of Premiere Fibers, a global multi-polymer specialized man-made fiber producer.
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- BHS lacks relevance as it files for administration
- US Q1 in brief: Carter's, Columbia Sportswear, Ske
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- Aeropostale delisted from New York Stock Exchange