US: Rhodia and Premiere Fibers to produce Emana yarn
Fibre specialist Rhodia and Premiere Fibers have joined forces to produce a line of polyamide-based smart yarn that they claim reduces the appearance of cellulite.
The Emana fabric, which will launch in the US and Canada, is designed to make skin look "smoother and more youthful" when regularly worn for six hours or more. This works through the use of bio-active crystals embedded in the yarn.
"Our partnership with Rhodia is fully aligned with our culture at Premiere Fibers, as we endeavour to seek and develop solutions through collaborative relationships in the marketplace," said John Amirtharaj, president of Premiere Fibers, a global multi-polymer specialized man-made fiber producer.
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Tanzania adds to Africa’s apparel sourcing mix
- Supply chain weighs on Kering's green footprint
- Balance essential in garment supply chain
- Where next for 3D design and prototyping?
- AGOA delays drag on sourcing decisions
- American Eagle Outfitters Q1 earnings soar
- EU and Turkey to update customs union
- Burberry shares slide as FY outlook slashed
- Gap brand sales continue to fall short