US: Richard Chai to design collection for Original Penguin
Fashion designer Richard Chai has created a limited-edition collection for lifestyle brand Original Penguin.
The Richard Chai for Original Penguin will debut as a Spring 2011 collection at the upcoming Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York, a statement said. Its full collection will be available for Fall 2011.
"I'm very excited to be designing with Original Penguin," said Richard Chai. "I love the idea of searching Penguin's archives for classic vintage pieces to be reworked in a completely unique way."
The complete Fall 2011 collection, to be unveiled in stores September 2011, will offer close to 25 unique pieces priced at US$95 for knits to $400 for outerwear.
"Richard and Original Penguin share an aesthetic - smart, classic clothes with a touch of modern whimsy," says Ann Payne, creative director of Original Penguin. "Richard is creating for us something totally new, while at the same time staying true to the roots of our heritage brand."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing