UK: Richard Roberts To Close Knitwear Plant
Clothing group Richard Roberts has closed a long-established Lincolnshire manufacturing plant, and is transferring production to other centres. The Straven knitwear factory at Alford, near Mablethorpe in Lincolnshire closed its doors on Friday. Many of the 49 workers at the factory had worked for Straven for more than 30 years. They became employees of the Richard Roberts Group last year, when the Straven Alan Paine business was acquired by the clothing manufacturer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth