SWITZERLAND: Richemont appoints joint CEOs
Two joint CEOs will take the place of current Richemont boss Johann Rupert when he steps down from the post next year, the luxury goods company has announced.
Current Cartier CEO Bernard Fornas and company deputy CEO Richard Lepeu will take on the joint positions on 1 April next year, the day after Rupert relinquishes the post.
Richemont said that Fornas' role would be to oversee the company's “maisons” or operating companies, while Lepeu would continue to oversee central functions.
The two, along with company CFO Gary Savage, will form a senior executive committee.
Meanwhile, Fornas will be replaced as Cartier CEO by Stanislas de Quercize on 1 January.
Richemont also announced the following additions to the company’s group management committee: Montblanc CEO Lutz Bethge; Hans-Peter Bichelmeier, group operations director; de Quercize; Georges Kern, CEO of IWC Schaffhausen; Jérôme Lambert, CEO of Jaeger-LeCoultre; and Philippe Léopold-Metzger, CEO of Piaget.
Leaving the committee by the end of the financial year, but remaining in their executive roles will be: Giampiero Bodino, group art director; Alan Grieve, director of corporate affairs; Eloy Michotte, corporate finance director; and Jan Rupert, executive director.
Switzerland-based luxury goods company Richemont is expected to record substantial profit growth for the year to 31 March, thanks to favourable exchange rates....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark