SWITZERLAND: Richemont appoints joint CEOs
Two joint CEOs will take the place of current Richemont boss Johann Rupert when he steps down from the post next year, the luxury goods company has announced.
Current Cartier CEO Bernard Fornas and company deputy CEO Richard Lepeu will take on the joint positions on 1 April next year, the day after Rupert relinquishes the post.
Richemont said that Fornas' role would be to oversee the company's “maisons” or operating companies, while Lepeu would continue to oversee central functions.
The two, along with company CFO Gary Savage, will form a senior executive committee.
Meanwhile, Fornas will be replaced as Cartier CEO by Stanislas de Quercize on 1 January.
Richemont also announced the following additions to the company’s group management committee: Montblanc CEO Lutz Bethge; Hans-Peter Bichelmeier, group operations director; de Quercize; Georges Kern, CEO of IWC Schaffhausen; Jérôme Lambert, CEO of Jaeger-LeCoultre; and Philippe Léopold-Metzger, CEO of Piaget.
Leaving the committee by the end of the financial year, but remaining in their executive roles will be: Giampiero Bodino, group art director; Alan Grieve, director of corporate affairs; Eloy Michotte, corporate finance director; and Jan Rupert, executive director.
Switzerland-based luxury goods company Richemont is expected to record substantial profit growth for the year to 31 March, thanks to favourable exchange rates....
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap audits reveal compliance issues in Myanmar
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- ANALYSIS: Back-to-school spending a waiting game
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Accord and Alliance discord "a setback"
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Myanmar and US to develop labour rights initiative
- 'Cotton of the Carolinas' grows reshoring efforts
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report