SWITZERLAND: Richemont appoints joint CEOs
Two joint CEOs will take the place of current Richemont boss Johann Rupert when he steps down from the post next year, the luxury goods company has announced.
Current Cartier CEO Bernard Fornas and company deputy CEO Richard Lepeu will take on the joint positions on 1 April next year, the day after Rupert relinquishes the post.
Richemont said that Fornas' role would be to oversee the company's “maisons” or operating companies, while Lepeu would continue to oversee central functions.
The two, along with company CFO Gary Savage, will form a senior executive committee.
Meanwhile, Fornas will be replaced as Cartier CEO by Stanislas de Quercize on 1 January.
Richemont also announced the following additions to the company’s group management committee: Montblanc CEO Lutz Bethge; Hans-Peter Bichelmeier, group operations director; de Quercize; Georges Kern, CEO of IWC Schaffhausen; Jérôme Lambert, CEO of Jaeger-LeCoultre; and Philippe Léopold-Metzger, CEO of Piaget.
Leaving the committee by the end of the financial year, but remaining in their executive roles will be: Giampiero Bodino, group art director; Alan Grieve, director of corporate affairs; Eloy Michotte, corporate finance director; and Jan Rupert, executive director.
Switzerland-based luxury goods company Richemont is expected to record substantial profit growth for the year to 31 March, thanks to favourable exchange rates....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report