SWITZERLAND: Richemont appoints joint CEOs
Two joint CEOs will take the place of current Richemont boss Johann Rupert when he steps down from the post next year, the luxury goods company has announced.
Current Cartier CEO Bernard Fornas and company deputy CEO Richard Lepeu will take on the joint positions on 1 April next year, the day after Rupert relinquishes the post.
Richemont said that Fornas' role would be to oversee the company's “maisons” or operating companies, while Lepeu would continue to oversee central functions.
The two, along with company CFO Gary Savage, will form a senior executive committee.
Meanwhile, Fornas will be replaced as Cartier CEO by Stanislas de Quercize on 1 January.
Richemont also announced the following additions to the company’s group management committee: Montblanc CEO Lutz Bethge; Hans-Peter Bichelmeier, group operations director; de Quercize; Georges Kern, CEO of IWC Schaffhausen; Jérôme Lambert, CEO of Jaeger-LeCoultre; and Philippe Léopold-Metzger, CEO of Piaget.
Leaving the committee by the end of the financial year, but remaining in their executive roles will be: Giampiero Bodino, group art director; Alan Grieve, director of corporate affairs; Eloy Michotte, corporate finance director; and Jan Rupert, executive director.
Switzerland-based luxury goods company Richemont is expected to record substantial profit growth for the year to 31 March, thanks to favourable exchange rates....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details