CANADA: Richlu to develop Red Wing apparel lines
Workwear maker Richlu Manufacturing has signed agreements with The Red Wing Shoe Company to develop new apparel lines under the Red Wing and Irish Setter brands.
The Red Wing apparel line consists of men's leather outerwear, while Irish Setter is extending its hunting boots brand to include performance jackets, shirts and trousers.
Gavin Rich, vice president of Winnipeg-based Richlu, said: "We're confident that the generations who have worn the Red Wing and Irish Setter footwear will be equally receptive to the apparel."
While Peter D Engel, director, marketing communications, at Red Wing Shoe Company added: " Extending this leather heritage to outerwear is a logical step."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022