USA: Ridgeview To Close Finishing Facility
Ridgeview announced today that it plans to close its finishing facility located in Mebane, North Carolina. Ridgeview has been finishing and shipping sports specific socks in Mebane since acquiring Tri-Star Hosiery in July of 1998. The company intends to relocate current Mebane operations to its manufacturing facilities in Newton, North Carolina and Fort Payne, AlabamaApproximately 65 hourly and salaried employees at the Mebane facility will be affected by the company's decision. The production phase out will begin immediately and is expected to be completed by the end of the year. Ridgeview is operating according to plan since its Chapter Eleven filing on August 2 and expects to exit that process in February 2001.Hugh Gaither, president and chief executive officer of Ridgeview said: "The consolidation is simply a matter of reducing costs and improving profitability for Ridgeview. It is another step in an operational restructuring which creates a new more efficient Ridgeview sock operation."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022