USA: Ridgeview To Close Finishing Facility
Ridgeview announced today that it plans to close its finishing facility located in Mebane, North Carolina. Ridgeview has been finishing and shipping sports specific socks in Mebane since acquiring Tri-Star Hosiery in July of 1998. The company intends to relocate current Mebane operations to its manufacturing facilities in Newton, North Carolina and Fort Payne, AlabamaApproximately 65 hourly and salaried employees at the Mebane facility will be affected by the company's decision. The production phase out will begin immediately and is expected to be completed by the end of the year. Ridgeview is operating according to plan since its Chapter Eleven filing on August 2 and expects to exit that process in February 2001.Hugh Gaither, president and chief executive officer of Ridgeview said: "The consolidation is simply a matter of reducing costs and improving profitability for Ridgeview. It is another step in an operational restructuring which creates a new more efficient Ridgeview sock operation."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack