USA: Ridgeview To Close Finishing Facility
Ridgeview announced today that it plans to close its finishing facility located in Mebane, North Carolina. Ridgeview has been finishing and shipping sports specific socks in Mebane since acquiring Tri-Star Hosiery in July of 1998. The company intends to relocate current Mebane operations to its manufacturing facilities in Newton, North Carolina and Fort Payne, AlabamaApproximately 65 hourly and salaried employees at the Mebane facility will be affected by the company's decision. The production phase out will begin immediately and is expected to be completed by the end of the year. Ridgeview is operating according to plan since its Chapter Eleven filing on August 2 and expects to exit that process in February 2001.Hugh Gaither, president and chief executive officer of Ridgeview said: "The consolidation is simply a matter of reducing costs and improving profitability for Ridgeview. It is another step in an operational restructuring which creates a new more efficient Ridgeview sock operation."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar