USA: Ridgeview To Close Finishing Facility
Ridgeview announced today that it plans to close its finishing facility located in Mebane, North Carolina. Ridgeview has been finishing and shipping sports specific socks in Mebane since acquiring Tri-Star Hosiery in July of 1998. The company intends to relocate current Mebane operations to its manufacturing facilities in Newton, North Carolina and Fort Payne, AlabamaApproximately 65 hourly and salaried employees at the Mebane facility will be affected by the company's decision. The production phase out will begin immediately and is expected to be completed by the end of the year. Ridgeview is operating according to plan since its Chapter Eleven filing on August 2 and expects to exit that process in February 2001.Hugh Gaither, president and chief executive officer of Ridgeview said: "The consolidation is simply a matter of reducing costs and improving profitability for Ridgeview. It is another step in an operational restructuring which creates a new more efficient Ridgeview sock operation."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Carter's, Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022