SWITZERLAND: Rieter Upbeat, No Plan For Alliances
Rieter AG Chairman Kurt Feller said in a newspaper interview published on Friday that the group was optimistic for the full year and that it had no immediate plans for cooperations with other companies."In the current business year we have succeeded in significantly improving both revenue and profits, and we are optimistic for the remainder of the year," he was quoted as saying in an interview in Swiss daily paper Der Landbote.The textile machinery and automotive components group has not ruled out select ties to other companies, but would prefer to stay independent. "We want to remain primarily independent, which doesn't rule out that we could do some cooperations if these make sense. But there are no such measures being discussed at the moment," Feller said.To meet its goal for annual revenues of 2bn francs in its textiles business, Rieter could grow both through its existing businesses, as well as through acquisitions, said Erwin Stoller, chief executive of the textile division, in the same newspaper interview.This year revenues are expected to be more than 1bn francs, up from 1999's depressed level of 750m. Revenues were at 1.2bn 1998 when the target was set.Stoller said the emphasis was on profitable growth.(C) Reuters Limited 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack