USA: Right Start Net Sales Up 37 Per Cent, Like For Like Falls
The Right Start, Inc (NASDAQ:RTST), today announced results for its second quarter ended July 29, 2000.Consolidated net sales for the thirteen weeks ended July 29, 2000 were $14.7m, an increase of 37.1 per cent over sales of $10.7m for the thirteen weeks ended July 31, 1999. Included in consolidated net sales for the quarter were retail stores sales of $10,757,000, catalog sales of $277,000, online sales, net of promotional discounts, of $3,516,000 and shipping and handling revenues of $144,000. This compares to retail sales of $9,464,000, catalog sales of $869,000, online sales, net of promotional discounts, of $226,000 and shipping and handling revenues of $161,000, for the prior year period. Same store sales, or sales for stores open at least 14 months, decreased 2.5 per cent from the prior period.For the second quarter, the company's consolidated earnings, before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, and before new store pre-opening costs, nonrecurring charges, and after minority interest (EBITDA), consisted of a loss of $1,735,000, compared to a loss of $220,000 for the second quarter last year. On an unconsolidated basis for the second quarter, EBITDA was a loss of $113,000 for The Right Start, Inc and a loss of $1,622,000 for
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022