JAPAN: Rising temperatures drive Uniqlo May sales growth
Same-store sales rose by 4.1% during the month, compared to the same period last year. Sales at the casual clothing chain's own stores (which include new ones that are less than a year old) grew 7.7%. Total sales, including online, increased 7.4%.
Uniqlo closed three stores in May, taking its total number to 840.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Japanese retailer Fast Retailing has upped its earnings forecast for the full year as Uniqlo sales beat expectations in Japan and international sales soared....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective