River Island driving tech innovation with TrueStart
UK apparel retailer River Island is hoping to tap into further innovation in technology for its business through a partnership with retail and fashion accelerator TrueStart.
TrueStart's collaboration with River Island will give entrepreneurs access to active mentorship, guidance, scale and senior decision makers within the high street retailer. In return, River Island will gain pre-emptive, sustainable access to innovation for its nearly 300 stores globally.
River Island CIO, Doug Gardner, said: “When it comes to gaining an edge in the competitive retail environment, technology has always had a huge part to play. The rate of technological change is now faster than ever before, meaning we're having to deploy things in the space of months, instead of years. Partnering with TrueStart gives us visibility into an exciting pool of companies that will help drive innovation across the industry.”
The start-ups that progress through TrueStart have access to retail and consumer industry support and access to a global network of senior industry figures, mentors and strategic partners.
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020