UK: River Island implements Oracle solution to drive growth
UK fashion retailer River Island is to implement Oracle Retail planning and optimisation solutions to support its growth and international expansion strategy.
River Island, which operates more than 300 stores worldwide, as well as various web, franchise and wholesale operations, will use Oracle to help it establish more accurate and consistent planning processes across its business models.
The company will use the merchandise financial planning, assortment planning and item planning applications to help it better understand merchandise performance throughout the business, to drive more profitable inventory investment decisions and improve the customer experience.
"Global and omni-channel expansion is a key strategic focus and to do this successfully, Oracle will help us optimise our planning practices to support this growth while continuing to provide our customers with their must-have items, wherever and whenever they shop with us," said River Island chief information officer Doug Gardner.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective