UK: River Island launches William Tempest collection
Apparel retailer River Island has partnered with British fashion designer William Tempest to launch a clothing collection for women.
The ancient Egyptian-inspired evening range includes a sequinned chiffon shirt dress, a plunge back column dress and laser cut heels. The 13 piece collection will be available in selected River Island stores and online from October.
Tempest previously worked with fashion designers Giles Deacon and Jean-Charles de Castelbajac before introducing his own range in 2009.
Last month, the retailer teamed up with pop star Rihanna to design a capsule clothing collection, which is due to launch next year.
William Tempest Launches River Island Collection
LONDON, August 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
RIVER ISLAND DESIGN FORUM returns for Autumn 2012 with a collection of specially commissioned pieces created by William Tempest.
William's exclusive range for River Island draws inspiration from ancient Egyptian mythology, 1920s interiors and the work of M. C. Escher. Key pieces from the collection of effortless eveningwear separates and accessories include a sequinned chiffonwomen's shirt dress, an art deco plunge back column dress and laser cut heels. Black and nude fabrics with opaque contrasts feature heavily alongside textiles designed exclusively for the collection, including a tessellated design and a geometric art deco pattern. The scarab beetle, a symbol of wealth and power for ancient Egyptians, acts as a motif which runs throughout the range via prints and finishes.
William's Design forum collection will make its debut via short film at LONDON'S FASHION WEEK's second biannual festival. FASH/ON FILM, an initiative devised by the British Fashion Council in conjunction with River Island, aims to support and develop creative film in the industry.
William Tempest studied at the London College of Fashion and worked with both Giles Deacon and Jean-Charles de Castelbajac before launching his eponymous line in 2009. William's flair for creating luxurious, modern pieces has enabled him to count Kate Moss, Victoria Beckham and Emma Watson as fans. The 13 piece collection will be available in selectedRiver Island stores and online at riverisland.com in October.
SOURCE River Island
Original source: http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/william-tempest-launches-river-island-collection-165158796.html
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022