USA: Rivers West Launches Custom Apparel Website
Rivers West Apparel will launch its apparel designer series website on November 1. The company claims that it will be the first true custom design apparel website, which will allow customers to design and order their own waterproof vests, but also watch as vests are individually made in one of the company's US factories. Company owner and president, Michael McGinley, said: "Our site provides a completely interactive transaction between Rivers West and customers, all from the comfort and privacy of their home or office. This is what the Internet promised from its infancy and we're here to deliver." By logging on to the site, customers can create their own vest from a variety of patterns, colors, pockets, zippers and collars. They choose their size, add personalized embroidery and send in the order. In all, there are over 5000 different vest combinations that can be created through the Apparel Designer. The company's jackets, pants and other products are also expected to be available for custom design and purchase online soon. "In today's information-driven market, we receive Internet orders almost instantaneously," McGinley added. "This allows us to begin manufacturing a customer's order immediately, so finished items are shipped within two weeks." Rivers West also installed a webcam in its Utah facility where the vests will be made. Now, customers can watch a real production facility in operation, which is another first among online retailers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack