US: Robert Dennis to become Genesco CEO
US footwear retailer Genesco has announced that Robert J Dennis will take over as chief executive at the company from 1 August.
Current Genesco chairman and chief executive officer Hal N Pennington will continue as executive chairman of the company.
Dennis was named president and chief operating officer of Genesco in October 2006, after a year as executive vice president and chief operating officer.
"Bob's assumption of the CEO role is a further step forward in our internal succession plan that began with his appointment as chief operating officer in 2005," said Pennington.
"The board's agreement with my recommendation to move ahead with the succession plan reflects our confidence that Genesco is well-positioned to continue the transition process at this time and that Bob is the right person to lead the company through the next phase of its strategic development."
Dennis had previously served as CEO of Hat World Corporation since 2001 before Genesco's acquisition it in 2004, and he was named a senior vice president of Genesco.
He said: "Since becoming a part of the Genesco management team four years ago, I have grown to appreciate the company's heritage, and have been impressed with the strategic strength of its businesses, its great potential as a platform for growth, and the tremendous talent and commitment of my fellow employees.
"I look forward to continuing to work with Hal and the rest of the management team to make the most of that strength and talent. I am honoured and excited to lead this company at this time."
The Black Friday shopping bonanza sets a precedent for holiday season sales in the US. But rarely has it been more important to fashion retailers as many try to manoeuvre their way out of the red afte...
Genesco has reported earnings from continuing operations of US$9.5m for the third quarter, compared to earnings from continuing operations of $5.6m last year....
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- PETA calls for wool boycott on “gruesome” exposé
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory