US: Robert Dennis to become Genesco CEO
US footwear retailer Genesco has announced that Robert J Dennis will take over as chief executive at the company from 1 August.
Current Genesco chairman and chief executive officer Hal N Pennington will continue as executive chairman of the company.
Dennis was named president and chief operating officer of Genesco in October 2006, after a year as executive vice president and chief operating officer.
"Bob's assumption of the CEO role is a further step forward in our internal succession plan that began with his appointment as chief operating officer in 2005," said Pennington.
"The board's agreement with my recommendation to move ahead with the succession plan reflects our confidence that Genesco is well-positioned to continue the transition process at this time and that Bob is the right person to lead the company through the next phase of its strategic development."
Dennis had previously served as CEO of Hat World Corporation since 2001 before Genesco's acquisition it in 2004, and he was named a senior vice president of Genesco.
He said: "Since becoming a part of the Genesco management team four years ago, I have grown to appreciate the company's heritage, and have been impressed with the strategic strength of its businesses, its great potential as a platform for growth, and the tremendous talent and commitment of my fellow employees.
"I look forward to continuing to work with Hal and the rest of the management team to make the most of that strength and talent. I am honoured and excited to lead this company at this time."
The Black Friday shopping bonanza sets a precedent for holiday season sales in the US. But rarely has it been more important to fashion retailers as many try to manoeuvre their way out of the red afte...
Genesco has reported earnings from continuing operations of US$9.5m for the third quarter, compared to earnings from continuing operations of $5.6m last year....
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- BHS supplier Courtaulds Brands in administration
- Nike management changes to drive innovation
- Social responsibility key to winning millennials
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Victoria's Secret Stores, Inc.: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Apparel Accessories in Hong Kong, China
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)
- Practical Price Negotiation for Apparel Sourcing Professionals