US: Robert Dennis to become Genesco CEO
US footwear retailer Genesco has announced that Robert J Dennis will take over as chief executive at the company from 1 August.
Current Genesco chairman and chief executive officer Hal N Pennington will continue as executive chairman of the company.
Dennis was named president and chief operating officer of Genesco in October 2006, after a year as executive vice president and chief operating officer.
"Bob's assumption of the CEO role is a further step forward in our internal succession plan that began with his appointment as chief operating officer in 2005," said Pennington.
"The board's agreement with my recommendation to move ahead with the succession plan reflects our confidence that Genesco is well-positioned to continue the transition process at this time and that Bob is the right person to lead the company through the next phase of its strategic development."
Dennis had previously served as CEO of Hat World Corporation since 2001 before Genesco's acquisition it in 2004, and he was named a senior vice president of Genesco.
He said: "Since becoming a part of the Genesco management team four years ago, I have grown to appreciate the company's heritage, and have been impressed with the strategic strength of its businesses, its great potential as a platform for growth, and the tremendous talent and commitment of my fellow employees.
"I look forward to continuing to work with Hal and the rest of the management team to make the most of that strength and talent. I am honoured and excited to lead this company at this time."
The Black Friday shopping bonanza sets a precedent for holiday season sales in the US. But rarely has it been more important to fashion retailers as many try to manoeuvre their way out of the red afte...
Genesco has reported earnings from continuing operations of US$9.5m for the third quarter, compared to earnings from continuing operations of $5.6m last year....
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras