US: Robles to lead Invista global operations
Fibre maker Invista has promoted Kevin Robles to senior vice president of global operations, assuming operational responsibility for the company's 34 nylon, spandex, polyester and specialty chemical manufacturing facilities in 20 countries.
Since joining Invista in January 2011, Robles has served as vice president of operations for the company's Intermediates business. He also played a key role in launching the firm's latest nylon intermediates technology in Texas, which involved a $100m investment.
"Kevin's vision and industry knowledge will help further elevate our operational expertise for our customers and the communities in which we operate," said Jeff Gentry, CEO and chairman of the board.
Robles succeeds David Dotson, who will transfer to Flint Hills Resources, another Koch company, in January.
Invista is one of the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibres, primarily for nylon, spandex and polyester applications. Its brands include Lycra, Tactel, Comforel and Coolmax.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Fibre manufacturer Invista has signed a land reservation agreement to build a nylon 6,6 polymer site at the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park (SCIP)....
Fibre producer Invista is extending its Lycra Beauty fabric certification scheme to include lace and fabrics made with natural/cellulosic fibres....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis