US: Robles to lead Invista global operations
Fibre maker Invista has promoted Kevin Robles to senior vice president of global operations, assuming operational responsibility for the company's 34 nylon, spandex, polyester and specialty chemical manufacturing facilities in 20 countries.
Since joining Invista in January 2011, Robles has served as vice president of operations for the company's Intermediates business. He also played a key role in launching the firm's latest nylon intermediates technology in Texas, which involved a $100m investment.
"Kevin's vision and industry knowledge will help further elevate our operational expertise for our customers and the communities in which we operate," said Jeff Gentry, CEO and chairman of the board.
Robles succeeds David Dotson, who will transfer to Flint Hills Resources, another Koch company, in January.
Invista is one of the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibres, primarily for nylon, spandex and polyester applications. Its brands include Lycra, Tactel, Comforel and Coolmax.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Fibre manufacturer Invista has signed a land reservation agreement to build a nylon 6,6 polymer site at the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park (SCIP)....
Fibre producer Invista is extending its Lycra Beauty fabric certification scheme to include lace and fabrics made with natural/cellulosic fibres....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015