UK: Rocawear dumps model amid Big Brother 'racism' row
Clothing label Rocawear has dropped model Danielle Lloyd as the face of the company after she became embroiled in a racism row while appearing in reality TV show 'Big Brother'.
The ex-Miss Great Britain is one of three celebrities slammed for their bullying - and some say racist treatment - of Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty.
More than 40,000 people complained about the treatment of Shetty and the House of Commons has even debated the subject.
Lloyd's contract with Rocawear, rapper Jay-Z's clothing label, had reportedly been worth GBP100,000 (US$196,068).
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores