UK: Rock Band Reef Wins US Trademark Fight
A judge at London#;s Court of Appeal found in favour of the band in a trademark battle with South Cone Inc. The band was granted a trademark for the name "Reef" in 1996 despite complaints from the US firm which produces sandals for surfers under the name "Reef Brazil".
Although South Cone won the initial court case last summer, yesterday#;s decision quashed that and means Reef can again sell merchandise such as jackets, caps and T-shirts bearing its name.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar