GERMANY: Rockport names Reiss-Schmidt as CEO
Footwear firm The Rockport Company has named Tobias Reiss-Schmidt as its new president and CEO, replacing Michael Rupp who is to leave at the end of June.
Reiss-Schmidt has been with the the Adidas subsidiary since 2008, and was most recently Rockport's SVP of global retail and Americas. He has held executive positions in business development, global retail and retail sales management.
Rupp, meanwhile, is leaving the Adidas Group after nearly 25 years, holding various leadership positions around the world, including managing director of the group's Middle East division, and COO of the Reebok brand.
"While we regret Michael's departure very much and wish him well for his future," said Adidas Group CEO Herbert Hainer. "We have every confidence in the new generation of leadership under Tobias Reiss-Schmidt and look forward to Rockport's enduring growth."
Adidas's sponsorship strategy is paying dividends, with the sportswear brand's chief executive Herbert Hainer highlighting the success of its sponsorship of the London Olympics and the Euro 2012 footb...
Reebok, which is owned by sporting goods giant Adidas, has removed the position of global president, moving Ulrich Becker to president of the brand's North American business....
Sporting goods giant Adidas continues to be pressured to make US$1.8m in severance payments to workers at a former Indonesian supplier factory after its owner fled without paying them....
Some 100 Adidas workers at its Reebok India business are staging protests against the sportswear giant's new franchise model, according to reports....
Sportswear giant Adidas has opened its new Chinese headquarters in Shanghai, and says the new facility will act as a springboard for its plans to become the country's leading sportswear brand by 2015....
The Finish Line has appointed Harvey Bierman as vice president of digital technology as the US sportswear chain continues to expand its digital business....
Sportswear giant Adidas remains committed to its restructuring programme in India, despite reports some of its Reebok franchisees are unwilling to change to the new franchise model it wants them to ad...
Lingerie and activewear manufacturer Tefron has swung to a second-quarter net profit on the back of increased sales of seamless apparel....
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Colombia faces challenges in fashion export drive
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Ethiopia textile and apparel exports lagging
- Hanesbrands Q4 performance “disappoints”
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024