US: Rocky Brands enters adventure and healthcare segment
Outdoor and work apparel and footwear maker Rocky Brands has expanded into the outdoor adventure and healthcare markets with the launch of its Rocky S2V and Rocky 4EurSole collections.
The Rocky S2V apparel and footwear range for outdoor adventure enthusiasts combines functional and versatile gear with essential outdoor survival components. The range will be available this autumn.
Meanwhile, Rocky 4EurSole, which is designed for women in the healthcare industry, features two insole options to provide additional comfort. The collection will be available in spring 2013.
"We have worked to identify potential growth markets where our experiences and expertise can serve new consumers through improved technology and innovation," said CEO David Sharp.
"Our heritage is in the outdoors, and our expertise has always been high-quality footwear, so we believe Rocky Brands can certainly meet the needs of consumers in these new areas."
Unseasonably warm weather weighed on the fourth quarter at Rocky Brands Inc, but the footwear and apparel maker is confident a new US military contract will help top-line growth in the first half of 2...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- US West Coast port contract reached
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide