US: Rocky Brands optimistic despite Q4 profit fall
- Q4 earnings down to US$1.8m
- Gross margin narrows to 35.4%
- Sales climb 5.7%
US apparel and footwear company Rocky Brands has offered an optimistic outlook for its next fiscal despite booking a drop in fourth-quarter earnings.
In the three months to the end of December, net income dropped to US$1.8m from $2.5m a year earlier.
Earnings were hit by one-time expenses related to its acquisition of Creative Recreation. Excluding these, net income amounted to $2.2m.
Gross margin narrowed in the quarter to 35.4% from 36% in the year ago period, due to increased military sales versus last year, which carry lower margins.
Sales, however, were up 5.7% to $61.6m, versus revenues of $58.3m in the prior year period.
"While the overall retail environment remains challenging, we are optimistic about our prospects in 2014," said CEO David Sharp.
"The addition of Creative Recreation is an exciting new growth vehicle that we are confident will over time benefit from our operational and supply chain capabilities. At the same time, we believe there are opportunities to expand our market share in work, western and outdoor through compelling new product introductions and further evolving our direct to consumer channel."
US apparel and footwear company Rocky Brands has more than doubled its fourth-quarter net profit, thanks to strong sales across all its business segments....
Rocky Brands, Inc. (Rocky) is a distributor of footwear and apparel. It designs, manufactures, and markets premium quality footwear and garments for outdoor, work, duty, military, western and lifestyl...
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry