US: Rocky Brands optimistic despite Q4 profit fall
- Q4 earnings down to US$1.8m
- Gross margin narrows to 35.4%
- Sales climb 5.7%
US apparel and footwear company Rocky Brands has offered an optimistic outlook for its next fiscal despite booking a drop in fourth-quarter earnings.
In the three months to the end of December, net income dropped to US$1.8m from $2.5m a year earlier.
Earnings were hit by one-time expenses related to its acquisition of Creative Recreation. Excluding these, net income amounted to $2.2m.
Gross margin narrowed in the quarter to 35.4% from 36% in the year ago period, due to increased military sales versus last year, which carry lower margins.
Sales, however, were up 5.7% to $61.6m, versus revenues of $58.3m in the prior year period.
"While the overall retail environment remains challenging, we are optimistic about our prospects in 2014," said CEO David Sharp.
"The addition of Creative Recreation is an exciting new growth vehicle that we are confident will over time benefit from our operational and supply chain capabilities. At the same time, we believe there are opportunities to expand our market share in work, western and outdoor through compelling new product introductions and further evolving our direct to consumer channel."
US apparel and footwear company Rocky Brands has more than doubled its fourth-quarter net profit, thanks to strong sales across all its business segments....
Rocky Brands, Inc. (Rocky) is a distributor of footwear and apparel. It designs, manufactures, and markets premium quality footwear and garments for outdoor, work, duty, military, western and lifestyl...
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Clothing a top category for mass personalisation
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- Euratex raises rules of origin issues in TPP talks
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects