US: Rocky Brands plans for leadership succession
Rocky Brands has announced that the company is planning to promote president and chief operating officer David Sharp to president and chief executive officer as of 1 July 2011.
The reason for this is to implement the company's leadership succession plan. Mike Brooks will continue to serve as executive chairman of the board.
"I am very pleased that David Sharp has been chosen to be our next President and chief executive officer," said Brooks.
David Sharp has held the title of president and chief operating officer since January 2005. Prior to joining Rocky Brands, in June 2000, Sharp held various senior management, sales and marketing positions with HH Brown, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Berkshire-Hathaway, Acme Boot Co, and Converse.
"I am honoured to serve as steward of Rocky Brands," said Sharp. I am excited to continue collaborating with Mike as we write the next chapter in this company's long and storied history."
Sporting goods giant Nike has reshuffled the executives in charge of its Umbro and Converse brands in a move sparked by the retirement of Umbro president and CEO Jim Allaker....
Higher margin sales of company-owned brands, coupled with lower interest expenses, helped Rocky Brands offset lower revenues and enabled the footwear and apparel maker to post its first profitable fir...
A new shoe leather tannery set up by German-Chinese company ISA Tan Tec to meet demand from brands such as Timberland, New Balance and Hush Puppies for ecologically friendly leather is already fulfill...
Shares in Nike Inc fell nearly 6% in trading yesterday (17 March) after the sportswear giant's third quarter earnings missed expectations and it warned that rising oil, cotton and transport costs are ...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack