US: Rocky Brands Q2 earnings slide
- Q2 earnings down to $1.5m
- Gross margin narrows to 32.8%
- Sales climb 15.8%
US apparel and footwear company Rocky Brands saw its earnings slide in the second-quarter due to investments made to grow its brands.
Earnings amounted to US$1.5m in the three months to the end of June. This compared to earnings of $1.8m a year earlier.
Gross margin narrowed to 32.8% of sales, from 34.2% in the same period last year. This was driven by lower wholesale margins due to costs associated with a seeding programme with a key retail partner, and lower retail gross margin resulting from the group's transition to a web based retail platform.
Second quarter sales, however, were up 15.8% to $68.8m, boosted by an increase of 23.7% in wholesale revenues, and a 3.1% increase in retail sales.
"The investments we've made towards growing our brands and overall business continue to fuel record top-line results," said CEO David Sharp. "As we move into the back half of 2014, we believe we can continue to drive growth through compelling and innovative product introductions and begin delivering improved profitability through gross margin expansion and increased operating expense leverage."
US apparel and footwear company Rocky Brands has booked a pleasing first-quarter performance thanks to an increase in earnings and sales....
Rocky Brands, Inc. (Rocky) is a distributor of footwear and apparel. It designs, manufactures, and markets premium quality footwear and garments for outdoor, work, duty, military, western and lifestyl...
Athletic footwear is designed for sports and other forms of physical workout such as training, walking, running, jogging, and aerobics. It includes walking and running shoes, basketball shoes, fitness...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Supply chain improvements to save Billabong $30m
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- US Q2 in brief: G-III, Shoe Carnival, J Crew
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- PVH “well-positioned” in China despite headwinds
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020