US: Rocky Brands sees third-quarter profit rise
- Q3 profit climbed 3% to $5.4m
- Gross margin reached 36.1%
- Sales up 2% to $72.5m
Rising footwear sales has driven Rocky Brands to post a 3% rise in third-quarter net profit.
Net income reached US$5.4m over the three months ended 30 September, compared to $5.2m the prior year. Income from operations climbed 4.9% to $7.9m.
Gross margin was $26.2m, or 36.1% of sales compared to $25.6m, or 36% for the same period last year.
The outdoor, work apparel and footwear maker said net sales edged up 2% to $72.5m. The Durango City line of fashion boots helped footwear sales to increase 9%.
Retail sales fell 6.8% to $9.6m, while wholesale sales rose 4.5% to $62.9m.
CEO and president David Sharp said: "We are pleased that several of our more recently launched footwear initiatives once again delivered strong results."
"As apparel sales to one of our customers continue to decline and growth projections for the overall work and hunting footwear markets remain modest, we are encouraged by our ability to successfully develop new growth vehicles for the future."
Unseasonably warm weather weighed on the fourth quarter at Rocky Brands Inc, but the footwear and apparel maker is confident a new US military contract will help top-line growth in the first half of 2...
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- New Tencel fibre based on cotton waste fabrics
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape