USA: Rocky Shoes & Boots Adds To Board Of Directors
The board of directors of Rocky Shoes & Boots, Inc (Nasdaq: RCKY) today appointed Glenn E Corlett as a Class I director of the company. Corlett replaces Robert D Stix who resigned his position as a director effective the same date.Corlett has been Dean of the College of Business at Ohio University, Athens, Ohio, since 1997. Ohio University, founded in 1804, has about 19,000 students, and the College of Business has about 1,600 students."Glenn has done an outstanding job leading the College of Business at Ohio University, which is just 10 miles from our home office. He brings to the Rocky board of directors additional depth in management, accounting and financial matters, and we intend to utilize his expertise in growing and managing our business," said Mike Brooks, Rocky's chairman, president and chief executive officer. "We look forward to having someone with Glenn's strong business and financial background contribute to the decision making process at the board level."Mr Brooks also stated that, "the company wishes to thank Bob Stix for his service as a director of the company since 1993 and as general manager of operations from August 1994 to December 1995. During that time, Bob's prior experience as a footwear manufacturing executive with US Shoe and other companies was helpful as we grew Rocky's production and distribution capacity in Nelsonville, Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic and expanded our sourcing operations in China."Rocky Shoes & Boots, Inc designs, develops, manufactures and markets premium quality rugged outdoor, work/duty and casual footwear. The company's footwear is marketed through several distribution channels, primarily under the registered trademark Rocky.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report