CANADA: Roots turns to ERP to streamline supply chain
Canadian lifestyle retailer Roots has implemented a fully integrated ERP system to help support its rapid domestic and international growth.
The company, which has more than 160 retail locations throughout Canada and the US, China, Taiwan and Hong Kong, needs to operate efficiently on a global scale.
"We have a large number of channels including retailers, wholesale and franchisees operating all around the world which results in large data sets," says Sergio Gomez, IT director at Roots.
The Momentis Fashion System replaces multiple disparate systems "which prevented us from getting a detailed overview of the entire business," Gomez adds.
The new software "breaks down information silos" so that the company can operate all of its channels from a unified system, "which is letting us take advantage of the vast data at our disposal."
Managing its global operations from one central database has helped Roots improve efficiencies from eliminating redundant activities and streamlining its supply chain.
In particular, the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) module "facilitates inter-departmental collaboration and accelerates the design, sampling and sourcing processes," Gomez says.
"The data we now have access to with the push of a button gives us unprecedented visibility into our vendors and costing which has already drastically improved our decision making abilities."
How is the sourcing landscape likely to shift in 2015, and what strategies can help apparel firms and their suppliers to stay ahead? China is seen moving higher up the value chain, and near-shoring is...
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
UK based ladies' and children's wear manufacturer Studio One is implementing the Visual End-2-End software suite to connect and centralise all product information and processes....
French apparel maker Lafodex SA has deployed YuniquePLM to help accelerate workflow, improve collaboration and reduce errors....
Jean-Maurice Férauge has been named managing director of Lectra Japan, with responsibility for developing the company's presence in the country, particularly in the fashion sector....
Organisers of the upcoming Texprocess trade fair say the event in Frankfurt, Germany is almost fully booked, with four months still to go before it opens its doors in May....
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Apparel and textiles rank high on EU alert system
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019