SOUTH AFRICA: Rose appointed to Woolworths board
Sir Stuart, who left the position of M&S chief executive in July 2010, and quit the chairman’s post on 4 January, is appointed to the board with effect from yesterday (19 January).
The move follows Sir Stuart joining Bridgepoint Capital in September last year to advise the private equity company on retail investments.
Meanwhile, Woolworths said first-half group sales had risen 9.8% in the six months to 26 December, with comparable store sales up 5.6%.
Clothing sales in South Africa were 11.5% higher, up 9.2% in comparable terms, prompting the company to predict H1 earnings up 17-20%.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The Pakistani government is being urged to take measures to discourage woven garment manufacturers and exporters from relocating their businesses to countries like Bangladesh and China....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Outdoor clothing and footwear retailer Blacks Leisure Group Plc has agreed a temporary extension to its bank loans after seeing sales fall by nearly 11% since the start of its financial year....
Swedish fashion giant H&M Hennes & Mauritz AB has posted a 4% drop in June same-store sales, falling for just the second time in the past 12 months....
Resin supplier M&G Group is planning to build new PET and purified terephthalic acid plants in Corpus Christi, Texas in a move that brings significant additional PTA capacity to the US market....
Anand Sharma, India's Minister for Commerce & Industry, is to add the additional role of Minister of Textiles following last week's resignation of Dayanidhi Maran over his alleged involvement in the c...
Apparel company Levi Strauss & Co reversed the losses of a year ago in posting a profit for the second quarter, thanks to a double-digit surge in revenues....
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Next books first FY profit fall in eight years
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing