UK: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley to design M&S lingerie line
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley turns designer for M&S lingerie range
British model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is to turn designer for the first time, with a new lingerie range for high street retailer Marks & Spencer.
The model is the face of the retailer's Autograph range, and the Rosie for Autograph collection is set to launch in September.
"We are so pleased to have Rosie on board to design her first collection for us, she really understands beautiful lingerie and what works on the body," said Kate Bostock, executive director of clothing for M&S.
"With all her modelling experience she has great eye for colour and style which, coupled with our extensive knowledge in lingerie design and technique, is a winning formula that we can't wait to share with our customers."
The Twenties-style collection will feature 33 pieces including silk lingerie sets, cami and French knicker sets, a teddy and a kimono style robe.
China's clothing and textile industry - already undermined by rising costs and competitors snapping at its heels - is especially vulnerable to fallout from a World Trade Organization dispute (WTO) bro...
Featured research from just-style's research store this week includes the Clothesource Guide to apparel trade regulations, a look at apparel sourcing in Asia, and a Nike SWOT analysis. ...
Top stories on just-style this week included a pledge by Marks & Spencer to eliminate hazardous chemicals from its supply chain by 2020, strong third-quarter profits at VF Corp, and news that Esprit i...
US fashion firm Fifth & Pacific has today seen its third-quarter net losses narrow as sales of its Juicy Couture brand continued to struggle....
Strong sales in Asia and the Americas helped plastic shoe firm Crocs to book a 49% jump in third quarter net profits....
Fashion retail giant Marks & Spencer (M&S) today (24 October) pledged to eliminate all hazardous chemicals from its entire textile and clothing supply chain by 2020, in a move that also paves the way ...
US clothing company HanesBrands saw third-quarter net income rise on the back of increasing sales and improving margins. ...
A spike in domestic manufacturing helped to reduce the proportion of imports in the US apparel market during 2011, according to figures from the American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA)....
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras