US: Ross Stores appoints Hartshorn as CFO
Off-price retailer Ross Stores has appointed Michael Hartshorn to the role of chief financial officer.
Hartshorn, senior vice president and deputy CFO for Ross Stores, will take up his new role from 2 February, also retaining his current one.
Prior to his current role, Hartshorn was group vice president, finance and treasurer from March 2011 to January 2012.
Michael Balmuth, vice chairman and CEO, said: "Michael will continue to work closely with John Call, who has been our CFO for the past 16 years and who will continue in his senior leadership role, overseeing our finance and legal functions. Our Company will continue to benefit from the proven leadership and financial expertise of these two exceptional executives."
Value and individualism were top priorities for apparel consumers in 2013 and they proved this with their spending habits. Consumers flocked to retailers like Ross Stores and TJX where they are able ...
Off-price fashion retailer Ross Stores has promoted president and chief merchandising officer Barbara Rentler to CEO, as part of a management succession plan....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam