US: Round Rock deal to help Avery Dennison RFID uptake
RFID solutions specialist Avery Dennison says its licensing deal with Round Rock Research will help reduce time, energy, and risk for US-based apparel retailers and brands using its inlays.
Avery Dennison signed the deal with Round Rock Research in December last year to accelerate the adoption of radio frequency identification (RFID) at the item level.
Round Rock, a technology research and patent licensing firm, entered into the deal with Avery Dennison Retail Branding and Information Solutions to facilitate further adoption of item-level RFID tags, labels, and readers by US-based apparel retailers and brands.
"This license agreement, which encompasses a simplified audit process, reduces time, energy, and risk for US based apparel retailers and brands who use Avery Dennison RFID inlays," said Shawn Neville, president of Avery Dennison RBIS.
"We will continue to invest in market leading solutions, products, and global manufacturing and services support to help our customers achieve dramatically improved inventory accuracy and visibility with RFID enabled solutions."
Round Rock said Avery Dennison provides "strict end-to-end tracking" of its RFID products, thereby alleviating Round Rock licensing audit requirements.
Avery Dennison Retail Branding & Information Solutions (RBIS) is to showcase new sustainable materials for apparel branding - including labelling, packaging and embellishments - at its design and inno...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Amazon Prime Day a big win for apparel
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis