US: Round Rock deal to help Avery Dennison RFID uptake
RFID solutions specialist Avery Dennison says its licensing deal with Round Rock Research will help reduce time, energy, and risk for US-based apparel retailers and brands using its inlays.
Avery Dennison signed the deal with Round Rock Research in December last year to accelerate the adoption of radio frequency identification (RFID) at the item level.
Round Rock, a technology research and patent licensing firm, entered into the deal with Avery Dennison Retail Branding and Information Solutions to facilitate further adoption of item-level RFID tags, labels, and readers by US-based apparel retailers and brands.
"This license agreement, which encompasses a simplified audit process, reduces time, energy, and risk for US based apparel retailers and brands who use Avery Dennison RFID inlays," said Shawn Neville, president of Avery Dennison RBIS.
"We will continue to invest in market leading solutions, products, and global manufacturing and services support to help our customers achieve dramatically improved inventory accuracy and visibility with RFID enabled solutions."
Round Rock said Avery Dennison provides "strict end-to-end tracking" of its RFID products, thereby alleviating Round Rock licensing audit requirements.
Plimsoll Publishing’s YARN SUPPLIERS (European) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the YARN SUPPLIERS (European) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 250 companies,...
The RFID tagging of apparel is now the largest and fastest growing application of RFID in retailing, the retail supply chain and associated industries. About 100 organizations are tagging apparel in t...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies