US: Round Rock deal to help Avery Dennison RFID uptake
RFID solutions specialist Avery Dennison says its licensing deal with Round Rock Research will help reduce time, energy, and risk for US-based apparel retailers and brands using its inlays.
Avery Dennison signed the deal with Round Rock Research in December last year to accelerate the adoption of radio frequency identification (RFID) at the item level.
Round Rock, a technology research and patent licensing firm, entered into the deal with Avery Dennison Retail Branding and Information Solutions to facilitate further adoption of item-level RFID tags, labels, and readers by US-based apparel retailers and brands.
"This license agreement, which encompasses a simplified audit process, reduces time, energy, and risk for US based apparel retailers and brands who use Avery Dennison RFID inlays," said Shawn Neville, president of Avery Dennison RBIS.
"We will continue to invest in market leading solutions, products, and global manufacturing and services support to help our customers achieve dramatically improved inventory accuracy and visibility with RFID enabled solutions."
Round Rock said Avery Dennison provides "strict end-to-end tracking" of its RFID products, thereby alleviating Round Rock licensing audit requirements.
Avery Dennison Retail Branding & Information Solutions (RBIS) is to showcase new sustainable materials for apparel branding - including labelling, packaging and embellishments - at its design and inno...
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020