USA: Round-Up Of Companies' March Sales Figures
Here is a round-up of companies' March sales and same-store sales results released in the past two days:
Jos A Bank Clothiers said its sales for the month jumped 23.8 per cent to $21.3 million from the year-ago period, and comparable store sales increased 11.8 per cent.
Wilsons The Leather Experts Inc said its March sales increased seven per cent to $44.6m on the year-ago period but comparable store sales fell 7.6 per cent.
Bebe Stores Inc posted an 11.5 per cent rise in sales to $26.1m compared to March 2001 and said same-store sales slipped 1.8 per cent.
Stage Stores Inc same-store sales rose 14.2 per cent compared with a year earlier and that total sales jumped 12.9 per cent to $83.4m.
The Talbots Inc said sales for fiscal March rose six per cent to $177.1m and comparable store sales increased 3.2 per cent for the month.
The Cato Corporation said sales for the five weeks ended April 6 surged 26 per cent to $78.3m from the year earlier and comparable store sales for the month rose 14 per cent.
Men's Wearhouse said net sales grew 1.2 per cent to $117.5m compared to the same prior year period, with US and Canadian comparable store sales falling 4.3 per cent and 7.6 per cent, respectively.
The TJX Companies Inc said March sales of $1,059m were up 19 per cent while consolidated comparable store sales increased 10 per cent over last year.
Brown Shoe Co Inc said same-store sales at its Famous Footwear chain rose 5.5 per cent and 5.7 per cent at its Naturalizer chain. Total sales at Famous Footwear rose 10.5 per cent to $110.4m but Naturalizer sales slipped to $14.6m.
Gadzooks Inc sales at stores open at least a year rose 2.5 per cent in March, while total sales rose 16.7 per cent to $32.1m from $27.5m.
Family apparel retailer Stage Stores has acquired privately owned department store chain BC Moore & Sons for approximately US$37.0m in cash....
Men's clothing retailer Jos A Bank has enjoyed a 45% jump in third-quarter profit, encouraged by good same-store sales....
Leading men's wear retailer JoS A Bank Clothiers Inc has reported higher second-quarter net income, driven by strong sales, product innovations, and new store openings....
Leading men's wear retailer JoS A Bank Clothiers Inc says it aims to open approximately 46 new stores during the second half of financial 2005, including at least 25 stores in the third quarter....
Brand-name apparel, accessories and footwear retailer Stage Stores Inc says its second-quarter net sales rose 10.5 per cent on good customer demand for its spring and summer lines....
Leading men's wear retailer JoS A Bank Clothiers Inc has promoted two divisional vice presidents in its store operations team to the positions of vice president, stores....
Apparel retailer JoS A Bank Clothiers Inc has promoted two merchandising and sourcing executives to the titles of vice president - general merchandising manager and senior vice president of inventory ...
Men's wear retailer JoS A Bank Clothiers Inc has reported first-quarter income growth after a continued improvement in gross margins and a 4.1 per cent increase in same-store sales....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack