FRANCE: Royer acquires Kickers shoe brand
French group Royer has acquired the worldwide activities of shoe brand Kickers from the Roger Zannier group for an undisclosed sum.
The deal does not include the Kickers holding company Kickers Worldwide - owned by Zannier - which will now change its name, a Royer spokeswoman confirmed.
Created in 1970, and acquired by Zannier in 1988, French brand Kickers is best-known for its ankle boot range available in an array of colours.
Kickers, which posted a 2006 turnover of EUR61m (US$79.24m), represents Royer's first brand acquisition.
Up until now, the Brittany-based family firm has specialised in supplying shoes under licence for brands such as Converse, Von Dutch, Sergio Tacchini, Airwalk, Bullrot, Lee Cooper, Levi Signature, Lulu Castagnette, Morgan and Naf Naf.
In 2006 the company posted a turnover of EUR150m from a distribution volume totalling 25m pairs of shoes. Last year, it acquired a majority stake in German counterpart Central Park Shoes.
By Stuart Todd.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The Jean Charles de Castelbajac men's and women's wear brand has signed a new distribution agreement with Coronet, a member of the Itochu Group, in Japan and South Korea....
Fashion brand management group Marchpole Holdings has signed a five-year deal with global jeans brand Lee Cooper Inc to launch new designer denim lines....
La Griffe Internationale, a Tunisian manufacturer and supplier of garment labels to worldwide brands, is expanding its presence in the US market....
Ladies' intimate apparel supplier Intimas Group Plc has appointed Mark Timothy Laughton as its new finance director....
Only a few months after the sale of Vivarte to UK-based European buyout specialist Charterhouse, the Descours family has withdrawn completely from the capital of the French clothing and shoe retailer...
Vivarte, the group of around 15 clothing and shoe brands, is in exclusive negotiations with Crédit Agricole Private Equity, an investment arm of banking group, Crédit Agricole, to acquire French shoe ...
Footwear maker M&B Footwear Private Limited is planning to launch a range of women's footwear, apparel and accessories this autumn....
Seemingly all set to be sold to ready-to-wear retailer, Beaumanoir, French clothing label Naf Naf is now in exclusive negotiations with Vivarte, which groups around 15 clothing and shoe brands....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar