UK: Ruby Stilettos On Sale With £1m Price Tag
Created by the US designer Stuart Weitzman for last month's Academy Awards but never worn, the ruby stilettos are on show in Harrods surrounded by bullet-proof glass and two security guards.
They feature 642 oval rubies totalling more than 120 carats which are lined to avoid them hurting the wearer's feet. They are size three and a half and feature a four and a half inch heel.
Mr Weitzman created a similar pair of shoes made out of diamonds last year £640,000 which are now on display in New York City.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report