FINLAND: Rukka, Nokia To Develop Smart Ski Apparel
Finnish sportswear and outerwear producer Rukka has revealed it has teamed up with telecoms giant Nokia to develop a range of wearable technology.
The pair are to explore ways of integrating state-of-the-art wireless telecom devices into skiwear such as trousers, jackets and helmets.
Rukka has already developed a line of motorcycle jackets which allow the rider to talk on a mobile phone while wearing a safety helmet.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Limited Stores files for bankruptcy protection
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022