USA: Russell Athletic Scoops MLB Licensing Deal
Sports apparel firm Russell Athletic has extended its licensing deal with Major League Baseball Properties to remain an official uniform of Major League Baseball and provide MLB authentic and genuine apparel through 2003.
The Atlanta-based division of Russell Corporation is the world's largest supplier of team uniforms and the official uniform supplier to 15 Major League Baseball teams.
"We are pleased to extend our partnership with Russell Athletic," said Howard Smith, senior vice president of licensing for Major League Baseball Properties.
"Russell Athletic is a true baseball brand and we look forward to continuing this successful relationship and working together to produce exciting and innovative lines of Major League Baseball apparel."
"We are very excited to continue our partnership with Major League Baseball Properties," said Matt Mirchin, president of Russell Athletic team sports. "Our relationship with MLB Properties is central to our leadership position in the baseball uniform market."
Companies: Russell Corporation
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Russell Corporation has said it is "disappointed" with its 2005 results, despite reporting a rise in sales and earnings in its fourth quarter....
Athletic and sporting goods company Russell is to axe about 2,300 jobs and stop retirement benefits as part of a large-scale restructuring....
Athletic and sporting goods company Russell has lowered its full-year profit and sales predictions and said it will take aggressive action in early 2006 to boost its earnings....
Scottish kilt maker Hector Russell has been acquired by larger competitor Edinburgh Woollen Mill Group, which plans to expand the business....
Russell Corporation today blamed delays in the full implementation of CAFTA and the effects of Hurricane Katrina for lower third quarter forecasts....
Athletic and sports goods company Russell Corporation says it is axing the position of president and chief operating officer as part of efforts to flatten its organisational structure....
ASAP Show, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cyber Merchants Exchange, has organised various seminars featuring top apparel executives from US fashion, sourcing and financial fields during its August 28-31...
Athletic and sporting goods company Russell Corporation has named Victoria Beck as a vice president of the company, effective as of 1 September....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022