USA: Russell Corp Buys Spalding Sports For $65m
Russell Corporation today revealed it is to buy the brand names, inventory, contracts and related assets of Spalding Sports Worldwide Inc for $65 million in a move that expands Russell's position as an athletic company. Spalding produces basketballs, volleyballs, footballs and soccer balls under the Spalding brand name and of softballs under the Dudley brand.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again