USA: Russell Corp Q4 Net Income Flat Year-On-Year
The company also reported a two per cent fall in net sales to $302.4m for the three-month period, compared to $308.4m in fourth quarter 2002.
According to CEO Jack Ward, a downturn in fleece sales and a continued reduction in customer inventories negatively affected revenue for the quarter.
"During the quarter, we aggressively reduced costs in all areas of our business, which enabled us to be at the high end of our earnings guidance," he said.
"However, our top-line was softer than anticipated, principally as a result of key customers continuing to reduce their inventories and poor weather conditions impacting fleece sales."
Russell Corporation operates brands including Russell Athletic, Spalding and Mossy Oak.
Companies: Russell Corporation
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Russell Corporation has said it is "disappointed" with its 2005 results, despite reporting a rise in sales and earnings in its fourth quarter....
Athletic and sporting goods company Russell is to axe about 2,300 jobs and stop retirement benefits as part of a large-scale restructuring....
Athletic and sporting goods company Russell has lowered its full-year profit and sales predictions and said it will take aggressive action in early 2006 to boost its earnings....
Scottish kilt maker Hector Russell has been acquired by larger competitor Edinburgh Woollen Mill Group, which plans to expand the business....
Russell Corporation today blamed delays in the full implementation of CAFTA and the effects of Hurricane Katrina for lower third quarter forecasts....
Athletic and sports goods company Russell Corporation says it is axing the position of president and chief operating officer as part of efforts to flatten its organisational structure....
ASAP Show, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cyber Merchants Exchange, has organised various seminars featuring top apparel executives from US fashion, sourcing and financial fields during its August 28-31...
Athletic and sporting goods company Russell Corporation has named Victoria Beck as a vice president of the company, effective as of 1 September....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar