US: Russell Corporation Buys Disucs Athletic Brands
The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia has approved the sale of the worldwide rights to the Discus and Discus Athletic brands from Tultex Corporation to Russell Corporation.The transaction, with an estimated value of US $2,750,000, will be completed before the end of April. With worldwide rights, Russell intends to use the Discus brands in both its domestic and international operations."While we are still in the early stages of development, Discus will certainly help enhance our portfolio of brands and offer access to new consumer segments," said Jack Ward, chairman, president and CEO. "The acquisition of the Discus brands further illustrates our efforts to develop and penetrate markets that provide opportunities for additional business growth."In March, Russell Corp. signed an agreement to acquire the apparel operations of Haas Outdoors, Inc. to create the Mossy Oak Apparel Company to strengthen its position in the outdoor apparel market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing