US: Russell Corporation Buys Disucs Athletic Brands
The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia has approved the sale of the worldwide rights to the Discus and Discus Athletic brands from Tultex Corporation to Russell Corporation.The transaction, with an estimated value of US $2,750,000, will be completed before the end of April. With worldwide rights, Russell intends to use the Discus brands in both its domestic and international operations."While we are still in the early stages of development, Discus will certainly help enhance our portfolio of brands and offer access to new consumer segments," said Jack Ward, chairman, president and CEO. "The acquisition of the Discus brands further illustrates our efforts to develop and penetrate markets that provide opportunities for additional business growth."In March, Russell Corp. signed an agreement to acquire the apparel operations of Haas Outdoors, Inc. to create the Mossy Oak Apparel Company to strengthen its position in the outdoor apparel market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022