US: Russell Corporation Buys Disucs Athletic Brands
The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia has approved the sale of the worldwide rights to the Discus and Discus Athletic brands from Tultex Corporation to Russell Corporation.The transaction, with an estimated value of US $2,750,000, will be completed before the end of April. With worldwide rights, Russell intends to use the Discus brands in both its domestic and international operations."While we are still in the early stages of development, Discus will certainly help enhance our portfolio of brands and offer access to new consumer segments," said Jack Ward, chairman, president and CEO. "The acquisition of the Discus brands further illustrates our efforts to develop and penetrate markets that provide opportunities for additional business growth."In March, Russell Corp. signed an agreement to acquire the apparel operations of Haas Outdoors, Inc. to create the Mossy Oak Apparel Company to strengthen its position in the outdoor apparel market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth