US: Russell Corporation Buys Disucs Athletic Brands
The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia has approved the sale of the worldwide rights to the Discus and Discus Athletic brands from Tultex Corporation to Russell Corporation.The transaction, with an estimated value of US $2,750,000, will be completed before the end of April. With worldwide rights, Russell intends to use the Discus brands in both its domestic and international operations."While we are still in the early stages of development, Discus will certainly help enhance our portfolio of brands and offer access to new consumer segments," said Jack Ward, chairman, president and CEO. "The acquisition of the Discus brands further illustrates our efforts to develop and penetrate markets that provide opportunities for additional business growth."In March, Russell Corp. signed an agreement to acquire the apparel operations of Haas Outdoors, Inc. to create the Mossy Oak Apparel Company to strengthen its position in the outdoor apparel market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022