US: Russell Corporation Buys Disucs Athletic Brands
The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia has approved the sale of the worldwide rights to the Discus and Discus Athletic brands from Tultex Corporation to Russell Corporation.The transaction, with an estimated value of US $2,750,000, will be completed before the end of April. With worldwide rights, Russell intends to use the Discus brands in both its domestic and international operations."While we are still in the early stages of development, Discus will certainly help enhance our portfolio of brands and offer access to new consumer segments," said Jack Ward, chairman, president and CEO. "The acquisition of the Discus brands further illustrates our efforts to develop and penetrate markets that provide opportunities for additional business growth."In March, Russell Corp. signed an agreement to acquire the apparel operations of Haas Outdoors, Inc. to create the Mossy Oak Apparel Company to strengthen its position in the outdoor apparel market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts